Today a beautiful “pasta” recipe to celebrate spring! A quick & easy lunch or dinner, that looks stunning on the plate. Turn your zucchini into noodles and toss with cheerful cherry tomatoes, little mozzarella’s and a fresh basil pesto.
Zucchini noodles make a great alternative for pasta. Gluten free and low-carb. You can have it raw or cooked, according to your liking. A fresh and healthy meal in minutes!
- 1 Zucchini
- 2 tbsp Pine Nuts
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 large handfuls of fresh Basil Leaves
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Handful of Cherry Tomatoes
- Mozzarella (optional)
- Use a spiralizer, mandoline or julienne peeler to slice the zucchini into noodles. Toss in some salt and set aside in a strainer to rest for ten minutes. Then push down on noodles to drain any excess liquid (do not rinse).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes into halves.
- Make the pesto. Start by roasting 2 tablespoons of pine nuts. Combine the roasted pine nuts and 2 peeled garlic cloves in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add the basil leaves and 6 tablespoons of olive oil. Pulse until blended. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet heat some olive oil and the zucchini noodles on medium high heat. Sauté for 2-4 minutes or until the zucchini noodles are slightly softened. Add the pesto, cherry tomatoes and mozzarella. Heat for another minute, then serve.
- Raw: you can have the zucchini noodles raw or cooked, according to your liking.
- Vegan/ Dairy-free: you can serve it without mozzarella (or with vegan cheese).