Roasted Root Veggies
Today a classic root vegetable recipe: Roasted Parsnips, Carrots and Beetroot. A three veggie side-dish that works well with many dishes.
Inexpensive and good for your health. Root vegetables are packed with antioxidants. They contain healthful fiber and slow-digesting carbohydrates, which make you feel full and help regulate blood sugar and the digestive system.
One of my favorite sides to any holiday meal or festive dinner. Hearty and warming. Soft on the inside and crispy on the outside. This is an easy perfect roasted veg dish.
Roasted Parsnips, Carrots and Beets
- 4 Parsnips
- 4 Carrots
- 3 Beets
- 1 bulb Garlic
- 3 sprigs fresh Rosemary
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C/Gas6.
- Peel the parsnips, carrots and beetroots and slice lengthways (quarter).
- Transfer the veggies onto a large roasting tray. Spread them out evenly.
- Remove the garlic cloves from the bulb, leave unpeeled, bash them slightly and add to the veggies.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and rosemary leaves.
- Put into the oven for 45-60 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
Another feisty veggies recipe that just makes me happy! As my recipe collection grows and the more I experiment in the kitchen, the more I realize how versatile vegetables can be.
These 5 ingredient Mexican sweet corn cookies are just perfect!
For this recipe I’ve used corn flour, so these delicious little treats are also great for gluten free eaters. Delicious with white cheese such as feta crumbled over. Yes, more please!
These seven ingredients Eggplant Pesto Rolls make a great antipasti.
The combination of fresh herby pesto and soft creamy crème fraîche rolled up in slices of smoky grilled eggplant makes an amazing medley of tastes and textures. Top this with some roasted pine nuts and parmasan cheese. Nom nom, decadent comfort food!
This can be a great vegetarian entrée, or serve as part of an antipasto selection, or as a tasty side dish to your favorite summer meal.
Eggplant Pesto Rolls
- 1 Eggplant
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Pine Nuts
- ½ cup crème fraîche
- ¾ cup pesto (homemade or store bought)
- Rocket Salad
- Parmasan Cheese
- Roast the pine nuts and set aside.
- Mix ½ cup crème fraîche with ¾ cup pesto.
- Cut the eggplants lengthwise into slices (about 6-8 slices). Brush the eggplant slices evenly with olive oil on both sides and grill for 3 minutes each side.
- Spread a heaped tablespoon of the crème fraîche / pesto mixture evenly over each eggplant slice, add some rocket salad and roll up the eggplant slices.
- Place the eggplant rolls on a plate, sprinkle over pine nuts and parmasan cheese and serve immediately.
- Tip: secure rolls with a toothpick.