Another feisty veggies recipe that just makes me happy! As my recipe collection grows and the more I experiment in the kitchen, the more I realize how versatile vegetables can be.
These 5 ingredient Mexican sweet corn cookies are just perfect!
For this recipe I’ve used corn flour, so these delicious little treats are also great for gluten free eaters. Delicious with white cheese such as feta crumbled over. Yes, more please!
A sweet summer food dream! Grilled peaches with mascarpone and balsamic glaze. Oh my, delicious!
Nothing says summer like biting into a juicy ripe peach. This favorite summer fruit deserves a turn on the barbecue. The grill brings out the natural juiciness and intensifies the deep summer sweetness of the peaches. One of the easiest ways to impress a backyard full of BBQ friends.
Serve the grilled peaches as a side dish, in a salad (toss mixed greens and place grilled peach halves all over) or as a delicious summer dessert. Healthy, gluten free, no refined sugar!
Grilled Peaches with mascarpone and balsamic glaze
- 1 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Honey (optional)
- 2 ripe Peaches, halved and pitted
- 4 tablespoons Mascarpone
- 4 sprigs fresh Mint
- In a small saucepan simmer one cup balsamic vinegar (and 2 tbsp honey if you like it sweet) over medium heat until reduced by half and balsamic is thick and syrupy, 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Heat grill to high.
- Halve and pit peaches; brush both sides with oil. Place the peach halves, cut side down, on the grill. Grill both sides until golden brown and just cooked through.
- Top each with a teaspoons of mascarpone, sprinkle over balsamic reduction and garnish with mint leaves.
Do you have them? The occasional moments when your very busy, or you come home from work tired and you don’t feel like cooking…
Instead of drive through takeaway (which will actually make you feel worse afterwards), or a poorly nutritious microwave meal – rather opt for a quick and easy healthy snack. In this post a shortcut for dinner. A healthy recipe that you can whip up in a breeze. Superfast, easy to prepare and just delectable to eat
The perfect snack, lunch, party food or shortcut for dinner. Fruit and cheese with a twist: Mango and Goat Cheese Crostini with Balsamic Glaze. The combination of the sweet and savory go hand in hand. Happiness on a plate!
- 1 Baguette (spelt/sourdough/whole wheat)
- 1 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- Soft Goat Cheese (100g/3.5oz)
- 1 Mango
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- In a small saucepan simmer one cup balsamic vinegar and 2 tbsp honey over medium heat until reduced by half and balsamic is thick and syrupy, 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Cut the baguette into slices and toast it for 2 min in the oven or in a grill pan.
- Peel and slice the mango. Finely chop the fresh basil leaves.
- To assemble, spread the toasted bread with some goat cheese, add some diced mango, drizzle with balsamic syrup and top with sliced basil leaves.
- No mango in the house? You can also use strawberries instead!