This Spinach Sweet Berry Salad combines all things good!
Baby spinach tossed with freshly sliced strawberries, oranges, blueberries, avocado, green onions, creamy goat cheese and crunchy pecan nuts. Drizzle with your favorite dressing (delicious with honey-mustard or orange-black pepper vinaigrette). Serve with two slices hearty raisin nut bread.
Get an instant antioxidant boost from the two kinds of berries, plus the heart-healthy omegas in avocado and iron-laden spinach. Healthy yummy – happy tummy!
Spinach Sweet Berry Salad
- Fresh Baby Spinach (6 cups)
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Green Onions
- 1 Navel Orange
- Strawberries (1 cup)
- Blueberries (1/2 cup)
- Crumbled Creamy Goat Cheese
- Pecan nuts
- Favorite dressing (e.g. honey/mustard or orange/black pepper vinaigrette)
- Hull & quarter the strawberries.
- Chop the green onions into small rings.
- Peel and segment the navel orange.
- Halve the avocado, remove the pit, scoop out the centers using a spoon and slice the avocado. (Tip: sprinkle it with some lemon juice to prevent it from loosing it's color).
- Toss all ingredients together with your desired dressing. Serve immediately.
Tangy and fruity with eye-popping color! Fresh mango salsa is easy to make and perfect with fish or as the salsa in tacos. Quick, healthy and yummy!
This sweet and spicy mango salsa is delicious to serve with fish; a very popular topping for salmon, halibut, shrimp, tilapia or pangasius. Also great with Mexican food like nachos or tacos. You can even eat it with a spoon like a salad!
If you’re having a Mexican dinner party, serve nachos with two dips: fresh creamy guacamole and this light and fresh tropical mango salsa. Your friends will love it!
- 1 Mango
- 1 Red Onion (or 1 shallot or 3 spring onions)
- 1 Tomato (or 10 cherry tomatoes)
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Lime
- Fresh Cilantro
- Cut the mango, tomato into small cubes.
- Finely chop the red onion, red pepper and cilantro.
- Combine the mango, tomato, red pepper, red onion and cilantro leaves. Sprinkle over some lime juice and mix well.
- Optional: Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Optional: add some diced avocado for extra creaminess!
Ice Ice Baby!
Don’t let the summer heat beat you. Just drop one of these ice cubes infused with fruits and herbs into a tall glass of water, sit back and relax!
A funky way to liven up your summer drink! Sometimes sipping water can get boring, so let these fruit cubes make it different and exciting. They are so simple to make but yet they make any drink seem better!
These fancy ice cubes also are a great addition to any party. Add them to sparkling water, sangria or summer cocktails and make your guests say ‘cool’!
Fruit Ice Cubes
- Fruit (for example lemon, lime, orange, raspberries, strawberries)
- Herbs (for example mint, thyme, sage)
- Ice cube tray
- Prep your fruit/ herbs: wash and cut into small portions.
- Place fruit/ herbs into your ice cube tray.
- Fill with water and freeze.