Another feisty veggies recipe that just makes me happy! As my recipe collection grows and the more I experiment in the kitchen, the more I realize how versatile vegetables can be.
These 5 ingredient Mexican sweet corn cookies are just perfect!
For this recipe I’ve used corn flour, so these delicious little treats are also great for gluten free eaters. Delicious with white cheese such as feta crumbled over. Yes, more please!
Apricots are those beautifully orange colored fruits full of beta-carotene and fiber that are one of the first signs of summer. Moroccan couscous with apricots is a great dish as we get closer to summertime. Light, healthy, flavorful.
The sweetness of the apricots, the saltiness of the cheese, the crunchy bite from the almonds, sharp tangy spring onions, fresh cilantro and fluffy couscous with a hint of orange and cinnamon.
Just go outdoors to your favorite place to sit and relax, take a bite of Moroccan couscous and let the flavors do a happy dance on your tongue. It’s all good!
- Couscous (1cup / 200g)
- 1 Orange (zest)
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Dried Apricots
- 3 Spring Onions
- Fresh Cilantro
- White Cheese (Feta 100g)
- Grate the orange (only the colored part not the white skin underneath, as that part has a bitter taste to it.)
- Add the couscous, orange zest and a pinch of cinnamon in a bowl or pan. Add 2 cups of boiling water. Cover; let stand until water is absorbed, about 5-10 minutes. Fluff couscous with fork. Set aside.
- Finely chop the apricots, cilantro and spring onions. Crumble or cut the white cheese into cubes.
- Mix all the ingredients together. (couscous, apricots, spring onions, cilantro, white cheese & almonds).
- If you want a gluten-free version, try substituting the Couscous with Quinoa.