Sweet taste of summer!
Watermelon is my ultimate summer fruit. Nothing beats the heat (or thirst) like biting into a slice of juicy, refreshing, sweet watermelon!
I have loving child memories of eating melon at my grandma’s. We would savor on a slice of melon and save the little pits. We washed the melon seeds in warm water, let them air dry in the sun, strung the seeds with a thin needle on a thread and so created a melon seed necklace. How fun was that!
The luscious watermelon recipe in this post is so simple, healthy and yummy. Just crumble some white (feta) cheese over slices of watermelon, add some black olives and fresh basil leaves and dive in!
Ps. Did you know that watermelon contains about 6% sugar and 91% water by weight, and is a rich source of vitamin C?
- 1/4 Watermelon
- White Cheese (Feta or Vegan Cheese)
- A Few Black Olives
- Some Fresh Basil Leaves
- Cut the watermelon into equal slices and place them on a large scale.
- Crumble over white cheese.
- Garnish with black olives and fresh basil leaves.
- Optional: Serve this dish warm. Heat it for a few minutes in an oven, until the cheese is melted.