Hola amigos y amigas!! Put on your sombrero and prepare your favorite burrito or nachos. Because it’s time for the: Perfect Homemade Guacamole!!!
Guacamole is just awesome. No other word to describe it. It does take a little bit of your time to prepare, but it will totally be worth it! Enjoy it yourself or share with friends. What the heck, even organize your very own Guacamole Party. Just because it’s that good!
Perfect Homemade Guacamole
- 1 Shallot
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Red Chili Pepper
- Some Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Tomato
- 2 Avocado
- 1 Lime
- Salt and Pepper
- Finely chop the shallot, garlic, red chili pepper, cilantro and tomato.
- Halve the avocados, remove the pit and scoop out the centers using a spoon. Mash 1 1/2 avocado (using a fork or food processor). Cut the remaining halve avocado in small pieces.
- Mix all together in a bowl. Sprinkle over some lime juice (to add flavor and prevent the avocado from loosing it's color). Add some salt and pepper.
Roasted vegetables are always a winner: delicious and easy to prepare! This dish truly celebrates my love for veggies!
Start off by selecting your favorite vegetables. Select to taste, or use whatever vegetables are left in your kitchen or garden. Choose 5-6 different types of vegetables. For example, pick between: eggplant, green asparagus, beet, carrot, fennel, leek, onion, peppers, shallot, spinach, zucchini. All great veggies to use for roasting. Try to look for color as well. Choose pretty colorful veggies that complement each other.
In this recipe I’ve went for fennel, a yellow and green bell pepper, eggplant, onion and some cherry tomatoes. For added flavor, these veggies where joined by their friends: garlic, olive oil and thyme. Roasting is a great way to make vegetables taste so yummy. Place the veggies in the oven and let the flavors come together. Soon your kitchen will be filled with the lovely scent of thyme. Enjoy!
- 1 fennel
- 1 eggplant
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- a handful of cherry tomatoes
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- 1 small bunch fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Remove the roots and stalks from the fennel and cut the fennel into wedges. Halve and deseed the peppers, then cut each half into 4 pieces. Peel the red onion and cut into quarters. Wash the tomatoes. Top and tail the eggplant, cut lengthways into slices.
- Put all the veggies in a roasting tray. Add thyme and garlic cloves. Drizzle with olive oil and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Roast for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring every 10 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through.