This Mediterranean Couscous Salad with roasted veggies is delicious!
A healthy salad that is super simple to put together and can easily be made in advance. Filled with yummy colorful ingredients like roasted eggplant, zucchini, yellow bell pepper, marinated mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, olives and feta cheese.
Yes, you will love this salad. It’s a genuine crowd-pleaser. Make it for your next dinner party or potluck gathering, people won’t be able to resist. Try eating this without a smile on your face
(You can make this dish gluten-free by swapping out the couscous for quinoa.)
- Couscous (1 ½ cup)
- 2 Garlic Gloves
- Olive Oil
- 1 Eggplant
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- Mushrooms (10)
- Kecap Manis (3-4tbsp)
- Cherry Tomatoes (10)
- Olives (green olives and/or black olives such as Kalamata)
- Feta Cheese
- Baby Spinach Leaves (handful)
- 1 Lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- Bring 2 ½ cups water, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ tablespoon oil to boil in medium saucepan. Stir in 1 ½ cup couscous. Remove from heat. Cover; let stand until water is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Fluff couscous with fork. Set aside.
- Finely cut 2 garlic gloves. Cut the eggplant, zucchini and bell pepper into slices. Add some olive oil, the chopped garlic, eggplant, zucchini and bell pepper in a grill pan. Roast until tender. Remove, set aside.
- Add 3-4 tbsp kecap manis to the mushrooms. Bring to heat in a pan, cook until tender. Set aside.
- Quarter the cherry tomatoes. Halve the olives. Crumble the feta cheese.
- Gently mix all the ingredients; baby spinach leaves, couscous, eggplant, zucchini, yellow bell pepper, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, olives and feta cheese. Season with salt, pepper and some fresh lemon juice.
- Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature before serving.
- Gluten Free: use quinoa instead of couscous to make this recipe gluten free!