A sweet summer food dream! Grilled peaches with mascarpone and balsamic glaze. Oh my, delicious!
Nothing says summer like biting into a juicy ripe peach. This favorite summer fruit deserves a turn on the barbecue. The grill brings out the natural juiciness and intensifies the deep summer sweetness of the peaches. One of the easiest ways to impress a backyard full of BBQ friends.
Serve the grilled peaches as a side dish, in a salad (toss mixed greens and place grilled peach halves all over) or as a delicious summer dessert. Healthy, gluten free, no refined sugar!
- 1 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Honey (optional)
- 2 ripe Peaches, halved and pitted
- 4 tablespoons Mascarpone
- 4 sprigs fresh Mint
- In a small saucepan simmer one cup balsamic vinegar (and 2 tbsp honey if you like it sweet) over medium heat until reduced by half and balsamic is thick and syrupy, 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Heat grill to high.
- Halve and pit peaches; brush both sides with oil. Place the peach halves, cut side down, on the grill. Grill both sides until golden brown and just cooked through.
- Top each with a teaspoons of mascarpone, sprinkle over balsamic reduction and garnish with mint leaves.