Spring is here!
Yes, do your own little happy dance, as asparagus are in season! Time to celebrate spring!
This lovely asparagus tart is the low-fuss kind. Quick and easy. No troubles in the kitchen. Yet… absolutely stunning on the dinner table. A pretty little centerpiece for a picnic in the park. Or a family brunch. Or serve as a healthy light meal accompanied with a simple side salad (for example made of rocket salad, cherry tomato mix and balsamic glaze).
This tart has lovely flavors with basil, goat cheese and lemon zest. Beautiful, sophisticated and delicious. What are you waiting for? Go on! Have a spring party and show off your cooking skills
- Puff Pastry
- 3 Eggs
- Goat Cheese (3.5oz/100g)
- Cooking cream (1/2 cup / 125g)
- 2 handful fresh Basil Leaves
- Green Asparagus (1lb / 500g)
- 1 Lemon (for zest)
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6.
- Roll the puff pastry into a rectangle fitting to the size and amount of aspargus. Place pastry on a baking sheet. Using a sharp knife, lightly score the pastry one inch from the edges to make a inner rectangle. Using a fork, pierce dough inside the markings at 1/2-inch intervals. Brush a tin layer of egg wash over the pastry, to give a glaze to it. Bake until golden and crispy, about 15 minutes.
- Remove pastry shell from oven. In a blender or food processor mix 2 handful of basil leaves, 1/2 cup cooking cream, the goat cheese and 2 eggs. Spread the mixture evenly over the pastry.
- Trim the bottoms of the asparagus, arrange crosswise in a single layer in the pastry shell on top of the cheese mixture, alternating ends and tips. Sprinkle over some salt, pepper and lemon zest. Bake until the asparagus are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
This easy, fresh and colorful salad is packed with flavors!
Beans, bell pepper, tomatoes, mango, corn, organic brown rice, lettuce, avocado, lime and a big dollop of sour cream and guacamole. A Whole Bowl of Deliciousness!
Feel free to have a play with the ingredients. For example add chili pepper, red onion, cilantro, cheddar cheese or tortilla strips. Or check out these guacamole, mango salsa or mexican avocado salad recipes for extra inspiration. Change up the ingredients and make this salad your own Mexican bowl of happiness!
Mexican Salad Bowl
- Organic brown rice (2/3cup/ 5.2oz/ 150g)
- Some Lettuce for the base
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Mango, sliced
- Some Corn
- Some Cherry Tomatoes, sliced
- Sour cream / guacamole (or any dressing of your liking)
- 1 Lime
- Bring water to the boil in a large saucepan or pot. Add the rice, reduce the water to a simmer and cook for 8 to 15 minutes, or until the rice is tender but firm. Drain the rice.
- Slice the red bell pepper, mango and cherry tomatoes. Halve the avocado, remove the pit, scoop out the centers using a spoon and cut the avocado into slices.
- Assemble the bowl (see recipe photo): 1/5 rice, 1/5 lettuce and avocado,1/5 beans and bell pepper, 1/5 mango and corn,1/5 tomatoes. Top with a big dot of sour cream, guacamole or dressing of your liking. Sprinkle over some lime juice or garnish with a slice of lime.
- Change up the ingredients and make this salad your own Mexican bowl of happiness!
This Spinach Sweet Berry Salad combines all things good!
Baby spinach tossed with freshly sliced strawberries, oranges, blueberries, avocado, green onions, creamy goat cheese and crunchy pecan nuts. Drizzle with your favorite dressing (delicious with honey-mustard or orange-black pepper vinaigrette). Serve with two slices hearty raisin nut bread.
Get an instant antioxidant boost from the two kinds of berries, plus the heart-healthy omegas in avocado and iron-laden spinach. Healthy yummy – happy tummy!
Spinach Sweet Berry Salad
- Fresh Baby Spinach (6 cups)
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Green Onions
- 1 Navel Orange
- Strawberries (1 cup)
- Blueberries (1/2 cup)
- Crumbled Creamy Goat Cheese
- Pecan nuts
- Favorite dressing (e.g. honey/mustard or orange/black pepper vinaigrette)
- Hull & quarter the strawberries.
- Chop the green onions into small rings.
- Peel and segment the navel orange.
- Halve the avocado, remove the pit, scoop out the centers using a spoon and slice the avocado. (Tip: sprinkle it with some lemon juice to prevent it from loosing it's color).
- Toss all ingredients together with your desired dressing. Serve immediately.