This easy, fresh and colorful salad is packed with flavors!
Beans, bell pepper, tomatoes, mango, corn, organic brown rice, lettuce, avocado, lime and a big dollop of sour cream and guacamole. A Whole Bowl of Deliciousness!
Feel free to have a play with the ingredients. For example add chili pepper, red onion, cilantro, cheddar cheese or tortilla strips. Or check out these guacamole, mango salsa or mexican avocado salad recipes for extra inspiration. Change up the ingredients and make this salad your own Mexican bowl of happiness!
Mexican Salad Bowl
- Organic brown rice (2/3cup/ 5.2oz/ 150g)
- Some Lettuce for the base
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Mango, sliced
- Some Corn
- Some Cherry Tomatoes, sliced
- Sour cream / guacamole (or any dressing of your liking)
- 1 Lime
- Bring water to the boil in a large saucepan or pot. Add the rice, reduce the water to a simmer and cook for 8 to 15 minutes, or until the rice is tender but firm. Drain the rice.
- Slice the red bell pepper, mango and cherry tomatoes. Halve the avocado, remove the pit, scoop out the centers using a spoon and cut the avocado into slices.
- Assemble the bowl (see recipe photo): 1/5 rice, 1/5 lettuce and avocado,1/5 beans and bell pepper, 1/5 mango and corn,1/5 tomatoes. Top with a big dot of sour cream, guacamole or dressing of your liking. Sprinkle over some lime juice or garnish with a slice of lime.
- Change up the ingredients and make this salad your own Mexican bowl of happiness!
Tangy and fruity with eye-popping color! Fresh mango salsa is easy to make and perfect with fish or as the salsa in tacos. Quick, healthy and yummy!
This sweet and spicy mango salsa is delicious to serve with fish; a very popular topping for salmon, halibut, shrimp, tilapia or pangasius. Also great with Mexican food like nachos or tacos. You can even eat it with a spoon like a salad!
If you’re having a Mexican dinner party, serve nachos with two dips: fresh creamy guacamole and this light and fresh tropical mango salsa. Your friends will love it!
- 1 Mango
- 1 Red Onion (or 1 shallot or 3 spring onions)
- 1 Tomato (or 10 cherry tomatoes)
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Lime
- Fresh Cilantro
- Cut the mango, tomato into small cubes.
- Finely chop the red onion, red pepper and cilantro.
- Combine the mango, tomato, red pepper, red onion and cilantro leaves. Sprinkle over some lime juice and mix well.
- Optional: Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Optional: add some diced avocado for extra creaminess!
Ice Ice Baby!
Don’t let the summer heat beat you. Just drop one of these ice cubes infused with fruits and herbs into a tall glass of water, sit back and relax!
A funky way to liven up your summer drink! Sometimes sipping water can get boring, so let these fruit cubes make it different and exciting. They are so simple to make but yet they make any drink seem better!
These fancy ice cubes also are a great addition to any party. Add them to sparkling water, sangria or summer cocktails and make your guests say ‘cool’!
Fruit Ice Cubes
- Fruit (for example lemon, lime, orange, raspberries, strawberries)
- Herbs (for example mint, thyme, sage)
- Ice cube tray
- Prep your fruit/ herbs: wash and cut into small portions.
- Place fruit/ herbs into your ice cube tray.
- Fill with water and freeze.