Another feisty veggies recipe that just makes me happy! As my recipe collection grows and the more I experiment in the kitchen, the more I realize how versatile vegetables can be.
These 5 ingredient Mexican sweet corn cookies are just perfect!
For this recipe I’ve used corn flour, so these delicious little treats are also great for gluten free eaters. Delicious with white cheese such as feta crumbled over. Yes, more please!
This easy, fresh and colorful salad is packed with flavors!
Beans, bell pepper, tomatoes, mango, corn, organic brown rice, lettuce, avocado, lime and a big dollop of sour cream and guacamole. A Whole Bowl of Deliciousness!
Feel free to have a play with the ingredients. For example add chili pepper, red onion, cilantro, cheddar cheese or tortilla strips. Or check out these guacamole, mango salsa or mexican avocado salad recipes for extra inspiration. Change up the ingredients and make this salad your own Mexican bowl of happiness!
Mexican Salad Bowl
- Organic brown rice (2/3cup/ 5.2oz/ 150g)
- Some Lettuce for the base
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Mango, sliced
- Some Corn
- Some Cherry Tomatoes, sliced
- Sour cream / guacamole (or any dressing of your liking)
- 1 Lime
- Bring water to the boil in a large saucepan or pot. Add the rice, reduce the water to a simmer and cook for 8 to 15 minutes, or until the rice is tender but firm. Drain the rice.
- Slice the red bell pepper, mango and cherry tomatoes. Halve the avocado, remove the pit, scoop out the centers using a spoon and cut the avocado into slices.
- Assemble the bowl (see recipe photo): 1/5 rice, 1/5 lettuce and avocado,1/5 beans and bell pepper, 1/5 mango and corn,1/5 tomatoes. Top with a big dot of sour cream, guacamole or dressing of your liking. Sprinkle over some lime juice or garnish with a slice of lime.
- Change up the ingredients and make this salad your own Mexican bowl of happiness!
These seven ingredients Eggplant Pesto Rolls make a great antipasti.
The combination of fresh herby pesto and soft creamy crème fraîche rolled up in slices of smoky grilled eggplant makes an amazing medley of tastes and textures. Top this with some roasted pine nuts and parmasan cheese. Nom nom, decadent comfort food!
This can be a great vegetarian entrée, or serve as part of an antipasto selection, or as a tasty side dish to your favorite summer meal.
Eggplant Pesto Rolls
- 1 Eggplant
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Pine Nuts
- ½ cup crème fraîche
- ¾ cup pesto (homemade or store bought)
- Rocket Salad
- Parmasan Cheese
- Roast the pine nuts and set aside.
- Mix ½ cup crème fraîche with ¾ cup pesto.
- Cut the eggplants lengthwise into slices (about 6-8 slices). Brush the eggplant slices evenly with olive oil on both sides and grill for 3 minutes each side.
- Spread a heaped tablespoon of the crème fraîche / pesto mixture evenly over each eggplant slice, add some rocket salad and roll up the eggplant slices.
- Place the eggplant rolls on a plate, sprinkle over pine nuts and parmasan cheese and serve immediately.
- Tip: secure rolls with a toothpick.