Another feisty veggies recipe that just makes me happy! As my recipe collection grows and the more I experiment in the kitchen, the more I realize how versatile vegetables can be.
These 5 ingredient Mexican sweet corn cookies are just perfect!
For this recipe I’ve used corn flour, so these delicious little treats are also great for gluten free eaters. Delicious with white cheese such as feta crumbled over. Yes, more please!
Sometimes it’s the most simple recipe that really shines. The sweetness of grilled figs stuffed with creamy goat cheese. A match made in heaven!
Serve while the figs are still warm, as an impressive first course. Add some watercress or arugula to make a lovely salad. Or replace the goat cheese with ricotta or yogurt for a luscious dessert. If you like a twist, you can also replace the honey with balsamic glaze (In a small saucepan simmer one cup balsamic vinegar and 2 tbsp honey over medium heat, 10 to 15 minutes, until reduced by half and balsamic is thick and syrupy).
All there is to them is cutting a pocket in some figs, stuffing them with goat cheese, add a crunchy walnut, grilling until softened and then finish with a drizzle of honey. Absolutely delectable!
Grilled figs with goat cheese and honey
- 4 Fresh Figs
- 4 tablespoons crumbled Goat Cheese
- 4 Walnuts
- Preheat your grill to medium-low heat, about 300 degrees.
- Cut two slits into the top of each fig, about two-thirds of the way down to the base (x-pattern / deep cross), and then give them a gentle squeeze to open them up slightly like a flower.
- Stuff each fig with about 1 teaspoon of goat cheese. Top with a walnut.
- Grill the figs for 6-8 minutes, until they are softened and brown slightly.
- Arrange the figs on a serving plate. Drizzle with honey. Serve immediately.
- Add some watercress or arugula to make a lovely salad. Or replace the goat cheese with ricotta or yogurt for a luscious dessert. If you like a twist, you can also replace the honey with balsamic glaze.
These seven ingredients Eggplant Pesto Rolls make a great antipasti.
The combination of fresh herby pesto and soft creamy crème fraîche rolled up in slices of smoky grilled eggplant makes an amazing medley of tastes and textures. Top this with some roasted pine nuts and parmasan cheese. Nom nom, decadent comfort food!
This can be a great vegetarian entrée, or serve as part of an antipasto selection, or as a tasty side dish to your favorite summer meal.
Eggplant Pesto Rolls
- 1 Eggplant
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Pine Nuts
- ½ cup crème fraîche
- ¾ cup pesto (homemade or store bought)
- Rocket Salad
- Parmasan Cheese
- Roast the pine nuts and set aside.
- Mix ½ cup crème fraîche with ¾ cup pesto.
- Cut the eggplants lengthwise into slices (about 6-8 slices). Brush the eggplant slices evenly with olive oil on both sides and grill for 3 minutes each side.
- Spread a heaped tablespoon of the crème fraîche / pesto mixture evenly over each eggplant slice, add some rocket salad and roll up the eggplant slices.
- Place the eggplant rolls on a plate, sprinkle over pine nuts and parmasan cheese and serve immediately.
- Tip: secure rolls with a toothpick.