Spring is here!
Yes, do your own little happy dance, as asparagus are in season! Time to celebrate spring!
This lovely asparagus tart is the low-fuss kind. Quick and easy. No troubles in the kitchen. Yet… absolutely stunning on the dinner table. A pretty little centerpiece for a picnic in the park. Or a family brunch. Or serve as a healthy light meal accompanied with a simple side salad (for example made of rocket salad, cherry tomato mix and balsamic glaze).
This tart has lovely flavors with basil, goat cheese and lemon zest. Beautiful, sophisticated and delicious. What are you waiting for? Go on! Have a spring party and show off your cooking skills
- Puff Pastry
- 3 Eggs
- Goat Cheese (3.5oz/100g)
- Cooking cream (1/2 cup / 125g)
- 2 handful fresh Basil Leaves
- Green Asparagus (1lb / 500g)
- 1 Lemon (for zest)
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6.
- Roll the puff pastry into a rectangle fitting to the size and amount of aspargus. Place pastry on a baking sheet. Using a sharp knife, lightly score the pastry one inch from the edges to make a inner rectangle. Using a fork, pierce dough inside the markings at 1/2-inch intervals. Brush a tin layer of egg wash over the pastry, to give a glaze to it. Bake until golden and crispy, about 15 minutes.
- Remove pastry shell from oven. In a blender or food processor mix 2 handful of basil leaves, 1/2 cup cooking cream, the goat cheese and 2 eggs. Spread the mixture evenly over the pastry.
- Trim the bottoms of the asparagus, arrange crosswise in a single layer in the pastry shell on top of the cheese mixture, alternating ends and tips. Sprinkle over some salt, pepper and lemon zest. Bake until the asparagus are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
This easy, fresh and colorful salad is packed with flavors!
Beans, bell pepper, tomatoes, mango, corn, organic brown rice, lettuce, avocado, lime and a big dollop of sour cream and guacamole. A Whole Bowl of Deliciousness!
Feel free to have a play with the ingredients. For example add chili pepper, red onion, cilantro, cheddar cheese or tortilla strips. Or check out these guacamole, mango salsa or mexican avocado salad recipes for extra inspiration. Change up the ingredients and make this salad your own Mexican bowl of happiness!
Mexican Salad Bowl
- Organic brown rice (2/3cup/ 5.2oz/ 150g)
- Some Lettuce for the base
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Mango, sliced
- Some Corn
- Some Cherry Tomatoes, sliced
- Sour cream / guacamole (or any dressing of your liking)
- 1 Lime
- Bring water to the boil in a large saucepan or pot. Add the rice, reduce the water to a simmer and cook for 8 to 15 minutes, or until the rice is tender but firm. Drain the rice.
- Slice the red bell pepper, mango and cherry tomatoes. Halve the avocado, remove the pit, scoop out the centers using a spoon and cut the avocado into slices.
- Assemble the bowl (see recipe photo): 1/5 rice, 1/5 lettuce and avocado,1/5 beans and bell pepper, 1/5 mango and corn,1/5 tomatoes. Top with a big dot of sour cream, guacamole or dressing of your liking. Sprinkle over some lime juice or garnish with a slice of lime.
- Change up the ingredients and make this salad your own Mexican bowl of happiness!
Have yourself a guilt-free, gluten-free pizza!
Portobello mushrooms make pretty delicious substitutes for pizza crust. Packed with the same intense flavors as the standard pizza pie but minus the calories. Just stuff the portebello caps with all of your favorite Italian pizza toppings. Make a portobello hawai pizza, a portobello caprese pizza, or whatever makes you happy
These mini mushroom pizzas are so good!
- 2 large Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce (or your favorite pasta sauce)
- 1/4 Red Onion
- Mozzarella (or vegan cheese)
- Fresh Basil
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6.
- Remove stems from Portobello mushrooms. Clean the mushrooms by gently wiping the outside of the caps with kitchen paper or brushing any dirt off with a soft brush. Lightly brush caps with olive oil. Place the mushrooms on a baking tray, gills facing up. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Take you mushrooms out of the oven, you’ll notice they’re filled with liquid. Just take a paper towel and dab each of them to remove the liquid. Top the mushrooms caps with tomato sauce, minced red onion, cheese, oregano, salt and pepper. Bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until the mushrooms have softened and the cheese is melted.
- Garnish each pizza with fresh basil and serve immediately.