To be honest, the thought of downing a glass of raw green liquid veggies always frightened me. Somehow I couldn’t image it tasting yummy. This has put me off from trying green smoothies way to long. But as they say: ‘Out of your comfort zone is where the magic happens’. So, dedicated to put my fears aside, I’ve introduced spinach to my blender (‘Hi Blender, meet Spinach’) and to my surprise they get along great!
Join me and become a green-smoothie-lover. Get ready to boost your energy, lose weight effortlessly and make healthy eating a lifestyle. A quick and easy way to get large amounts of fruits and leafy greens into your body.
This spinach-banana-almond smoothie has a high nutritional value and is extremely rich in antioxidants, it is a rich source of: vitamins (A, B2, B6, C, E, K), calcium, iron, magnesium, fiber, folate betaine, folic acid, copper, protein, phosphorus, potassium, trytophan, zinc, niacin, selenium and omega-3 fatty acids.
Sip it like a rawkstar!
- 2 cups/hands fresh Spinach Leaves
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 Banana
- Toss the spinach into the blender. Add 1 cup of almond milk and blend together until all leafy chunks are gone.
- Add the banana (in chunks) and blend again until smooth.
- Pour into a large fancy glass.
- Blend in stages to avoid leafy chunks.
- Add ice in the last stage, or freeze the fruit, if you want your green smoothie to be extra chilly.