Another feisty veggies recipe that just makes me happy! As my recipe collection grows and the more I experiment in the kitchen, the more I realize how versatile vegetables can be.
These 5 ingredient Mexican sweet corn cookies are just perfect!
For this recipe I’ve used corn flour, so these delicious little treats are also great for gluten free eaters. Delicious with white cheese such as feta crumbled over. Yes, more please!
This easy, fresh and colorful salad is packed with flavors!
Beans, bell pepper, tomatoes, mango, corn, organic brown rice, lettuce, avocado, lime and a big dollop of sour cream and guacamole. A Whole Bowl of Deliciousness!
Feel free to have a play with the ingredients. For example add chili pepper, red onion, cilantro, cheddar cheese or tortilla strips. Or check out these guacamole, mango salsa or mexican avocado salad recipes for extra inspiration. Change up the ingredients and make this salad your own Mexican bowl of happiness!
Mexican Salad Bowl
- Organic brown rice (2/3cup/ 5.2oz/ 150g)
- Some Lettuce for the base
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Mango, sliced
- Some Corn
- Some Cherry Tomatoes, sliced
- Sour cream / guacamole (or any dressing of your liking)
- 1 Lime
- Bring water to the boil in a large saucepan or pot. Add the rice, reduce the water to a simmer and cook for 8 to 15 minutes, or until the rice is tender but firm. Drain the rice.
- Slice the red bell pepper, mango and cherry tomatoes. Halve the avocado, remove the pit, scoop out the centers using a spoon and cut the avocado into slices.
- Assemble the bowl (see recipe photo): 1/5 rice, 1/5 lettuce and avocado,1/5 beans and bell pepper, 1/5 mango and corn,1/5 tomatoes. Top with a big dot of sour cream, guacamole or dressing of your liking. Sprinkle over some lime juice or garnish with a slice of lime.
- Change up the ingredients and make this salad your own Mexican bowl of happiness!
A delightful little salad!
If you want a healthy nutritious dish, please try this. This salad provides you with e.g. antioxidants (such as lycopene), vitamins (A, B6, B9, C, E, K), fibers, folare, healthy fats, iron, potassium and magnesium.
Besides making your body happy and satisfied, it also pleases you! Every mouthful is bursting with flavors: A luscious sweet flavor coming from the corn and mango, the tangy sour bite of lime and tomatoes, the full flavor of beans and creamy avocado, the crunchy bite of almonds and the fresh topping of cilantro. Yum! Yum! Yum!
Using the avocado as a bowl is a fun way to serve it, and it saves you from doing dishes
Great as a lunch option or side salad, or add quinoa to turn it into a satisfying main dish.
Mexican Avocado Mango Salad
- 2 Avocado
- 1 Lime
- 1 Mango
- Kidney Beans (1cup / 6.5oz / 185g)
- Sweet Corn (1cup / 6oz / 175g)
- ±15 Cherry Tomatoes
- Fresh Cilantro (15g)
- Some slivered almonds
- Halve the avocados, remove the pit and scoop out the centers using a spoon, leaving a little bit of avocado inside so there is a nice green border. Slice the remaining avocado. Sprinkle it with some lime juice (to add flavor and prevent it from loosing it's color).
- Peel and slice the mango. Slice the cherry tomatoes in halve. Chop the cilantro.
- Mix all the ingredients (mango, avocado, corn, beans, tomatoes, cilantro and almonds) and fill your avocado bowls with it.
- Optional: serve with quinoa to turn this dish into a main course