The healthiest, best-tasting dessert. Quick and easy, only three ingredients. And the flavors mix perfectly!
Start off with a perfect ripe pineapple. Picking a perfect pineapple can be tricky. The leaves on the crown should look green, healthy and fresh. The pineapple should feel plump and firm. You can choose your pineapple based on the ease of pulling out a leaf from the top.
Fresh pineapple is an excellent source of manganese and Vitamin C, so delicious and nutritious on its own! But to turn it into a mouthwatering summer BBQ dessert, try grilling it with and serving it with some whipped coconut cream on the side. Fun for summer parties!
Grilled Pineapple with Coconut Cream
- 1 Pineapple, ripe
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Coconut Cream
- (Optional: brown sugar/ ice cream)
- Whip the coconut cream and set aside in little bowls.
- Cut the pineapple into 6 wedges. Make sure to slice off the hard middle core.
- Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill, or heat a gas grill or grill pan. Grill the pineapple pieces, on each side, until tender and golden (about 3-5 minutes).
- Sprinkle over some cinnamon and serve warm with whipped coconut cream on the side. Enjoy!
- If you're a real sweet tooth, sprinkle some brown sugar on top.
- Also delicious with a scoop of ice cream on the side!
These pancakes are so fluffy and yummy!
This recipe is inspired by the little coconut pudding pancakes (khanom krok) you can buy from street vendors in Thailand. If you’ve ever tried these Thai pancakes then you’ll know how delicious it is, especially when served straight from the pan. It certainly was one of my favorite street food snacks while backpacking trough Thailand.
A perfect way to start your day, or to enjoy as a snack, lunch or dinner. Fluffy coconut pancakes with mango and passion fruit. Dairy free and gluten free. What a tropical treat!
Tropical Coconut Pancakes
- Rice Flour (1cup)
- Water (1 1/2 cup)
- Jasmine Rice (1/3 cup)
- Coconut Cream (1 cup)
- Grated Dried Coconut (1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Sugar or Stevia
- 1 Mango
- 2 Passion Fruits
- Mix 1 cup rice flour with 1 cup water in a bowl. Set aside.
- Bring water to a boil, add 1/3 cup Jasmine rice and let it cook for 10 minutes. Drain. In a blender, mix the cooked jasmine rice with 1/2 cup water.
- Pour this into the bowl of rice flour and water that's been sitting. Add 1 cup coconut cream, 1/2cup grated dried coconut, 1tsp salt and 2tbsp sugar. Mix well by hand.
- Heat a frying pan. Pour batter into the hot frying pan. Cook for about two minutes or until the bottom of the pancake is golden. Flip and cook until the other side is golden.
- Serve with fresh mango and passion fruit.
- (ingredients can be bought at an Asian grocery store)