Hey you guys, it’s nearly Christmas! So, in the nick of time I’d like to share a delicious oatmeal breakfast recipe that just screams Christmas!!! Warm softened apple and cranberries with a hint of cinnamon, heated milk and mushy oats. What a nice, hot breakfast to warm you up and a great way to start your day!
A little warning for the Scrooges amongst you. If you’re not willing to be into the holiday spirit, please be careful. Because the lovely flavors of this dish will make you very happy and you might just start singing Christmas carols whilst eating this.
Happy Holidays everyone!
- Oats (1cup/3oz/90g)
- Dried Cranberries (1/2cup/2.1oz/60g)
- 1 Apple
- 1 tspn Cinnamon
- Milk (1 1/2cup/360 ml, preferable almond milk)
- Optional: pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Core and chop the apple into small cubes.
- Add the oats, apple, cranberries and cinnamon in a small cooking pan. Add the milk to the dry ingredients. Toss together, ensuring that all of the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until oatmeal is to your preferred consistency. Add more milk if it becomes to dry.
- Take your favorite bowl, fill it with the cooked oatmeal and top it with some pomegranate seeds. Serve warm.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free oats.