Roasted Root Veggies
Today a classic root vegetable recipe: Roasted Parsnips, Carrots and Beetroot. A three veggie side-dish that works well with many dishes.
Inexpensive and good for your health. Root vegetables are packed with antioxidants. They contain healthful fiber and slow-digesting carbohydrates, which make you feel full and help regulate blood sugar and the digestive system.
One of my favorite sides to any holiday meal or festive dinner. Hearty and warming. Soft on the inside and crispy on the outside. This is an easy perfect roasted veg dish.
- 4 Parsnips
- 4 Carrots
- 3 Beets
- 1 bulb Garlic
- 3 sprigs fresh Rosemary
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C/Gas6.
- Peel the parsnips, carrots and beetroots and slice lengthways (quarter).
- Transfer the veggies onto a large roasting tray. Spread them out evenly.
- Remove the garlic cloves from the bulb, leave unpeeled, bash them slightly and add to the veggies.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and rosemary leaves.
- Put into the oven for 45-60 minutes, or until golden and crispy.