I love to travel. A couple of years ago I’ve backpacked through five countries in South East Asia: Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Malaysia and Cambodia. The ridiculously delicious food was among one of the many wonderful things this region had to offer and contributed to my exotic experience there. I can still fanatasize about all the lovely dishes I had the pleasure of trying (The coconut pancakes… the sticky mango rice… the curries… the pad thai… the spring rolls… OMG it’s all so good!)
I’m fond of the Asian Kitchen. Not only because Asian cuisine is a real heaven for veggie lovers, offering lots of vegetarian meals, but also because of its amazing use and balance of flavors and ingredients.
This raw crunchy Asian vegetable salad contains some of Asia’s best flavor combinations. I love using products like lime, coconut, chili pepper, soy sauce and cilantro. So bring a little bit of Asia to your kitchen and enjoy this delightful little salad!
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 3 Spring Onions
- Sugar Snaps (200g)
- Bean Sprouts (200g)
- Some Fresh Cilantro
- Some Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1 Red Chili Pepper
- 4 Tablespoons Shredded Coconut
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- Cut the cucumber julienne (thin slices lengthwise). Cut the spring onions into rings. Cut the sugar snaps into thin diagonal slices.
- Chop the cilantro, mint and red chili pepper.
- Mix the cucumber, spring onions, sugar snaps, bean sprouts, cilantro, mint, red chili pepper and shredded coconut in a bowl.
- Mix the lime juice, soy sauce and honey for the dressing (balance flavors to taste).