A sweet summer food dream! Grilled peaches with mascarpone and balsamic glaze. Oh my, delicious!
Nothing says summer like biting into a juicy ripe peach. This favorite summer fruit deserves a turn on the barbecue. The grill brings out the natural juiciness and intensifies the deep summer sweetness of the peaches. One of the easiest ways to impress a backyard full of BBQ friends.
Serve the grilled peaches as a side dish, in a salad (toss mixed greens and place grilled peach halves all over) or as a delicious summer dessert. Healthy, gluten free, no refined sugar!
Grilled Peaches with mascarpone and balsamic glaze
- 1 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Honey (optional)
- 2 ripe Peaches, halved and pitted
- 4 tablespoons Mascarpone
- 4 sprigs fresh Mint
- In a small saucepan simmer one cup balsamic vinegar (and 2 tbsp honey if you like it sweet) over medium heat until reduced by half and balsamic is thick and syrupy, 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Heat grill to high.
- Halve and pit peaches; brush both sides with oil. Place the peach halves, cut side down, on the grill. Grill both sides until golden brown and just cooked through.
- Top each with a teaspoons of mascarpone, sprinkle over balsamic reduction and garnish with mint leaves.
The healthiest, best-tasting dessert. Quick and easy, only three ingredients. And the flavors mix perfectly!
Start off with a perfect ripe pineapple. Picking a perfect pineapple can be tricky. The leaves on the crown should look green, healthy and fresh. The pineapple should feel plump and firm. You can choose your pineapple based on the ease of pulling out a leaf from the top.
Fresh pineapple is an excellent source of manganese and Vitamin C, so delicious and nutritious on its own! But to turn it into a mouthwatering summer BBQ dessert, try grilling it with and serving it with some whipped coconut cream on the side. Fun for summer parties!
Grilled Pineapple with Coconut Cream
- 1 Pineapple, ripe
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Coconut Cream
- (Optional: brown sugar/ ice cream)
- Whip the coconut cream and set aside in little bowls.
- Cut the pineapple into 6 wedges. Make sure to slice off the hard middle core.
- Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill, or heat a gas grill or grill pan. Grill the pineapple pieces, on each side, until tender and golden (about 3-5 minutes).
- Sprinkle over some cinnamon and serve warm with whipped coconut cream on the side. Enjoy!
- If you're a real sweet tooth, sprinkle some brown sugar on top.
- Also delicious with a scoop of ice cream on the side!