This Spinach Sweet Berry Salad combines all things good!
Baby spinach tossed with freshly sliced strawberries, oranges, blueberries, avocado, green onions, creamy goat cheese and crunchy pecan nuts. Drizzle with your favorite dressing (delicious with honey-mustard or orange-black pepper vinaigrette). Serve with two slices hearty raisin nut bread.
Get an instant antioxidant boost from the two kinds of berries, plus the heart-healthy omegas in avocado and iron-laden spinach. Healthy yummy – happy tummy!
Spinach Sweet Berry Salad
- Fresh Baby Spinach (6 cups)
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Green Onions
- 1 Navel Orange
- Strawberries (1 cup)
- Blueberries (1/2 cup)
- Crumbled Creamy Goat Cheese
- Pecan nuts
- Favorite dressing (e.g. honey/mustard or orange/black pepper vinaigrette)
- Hull & quarter the strawberries.
- Chop the green onions into small rings.
- Peel and segment the navel orange.
- Halve the avocado, remove the pit, scoop out the centers using a spoon and slice the avocado. (Tip: sprinkle it with some lemon juice to prevent it from loosing it's color).
- Toss all ingredients together with your desired dressing. Serve immediately.
This Mediterranean Couscous Salad with roasted veggies is delicious!
A healthy salad that is super simple to put together and can easily be made in advance. Filled with yummy colorful ingredients like roasted eggplant, zucchini, yellow bell pepper, marinated mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, olives and feta cheese.
Yes, you will love this salad. It’s a genuine crowd-pleaser. Make it for your next dinner party or potluck gathering, people won’t be able to resist. Try eating this without a smile on your face
(You can make this dish gluten-free by swapping out the couscous for quinoa.)
Mediterranean Couscous Salad
- Couscous (1 ½ cup)
- 2 Garlic Gloves
- Olive Oil
- 1 Eggplant
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- Mushrooms (10)
- Kecap Manis (3-4tbsp)
- Cherry Tomatoes (10)
- Olives (green olives and/or black olives such as Kalamata)
- Feta Cheese
- Baby Spinach Leaves (handful)
- 1 Lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- Bring 2 ½ cups water, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ tablespoon oil to boil in medium saucepan. Stir in 1 ½ cup couscous. Remove from heat. Cover; let stand until water is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Fluff couscous with fork. Set aside.
- Finely cut 2 garlic gloves. Cut the eggplant, zucchini and bell pepper into slices. Add some olive oil, the chopped garlic, eggplant, zucchini and bell pepper in a grill pan. Roast until tender. Remove, set aside.
- Add 3-4 tbsp kecap manis to the mushrooms. Bring to heat in a pan, cook until tender. Set aside.
- Quarter the cherry tomatoes. Halve the olives. Crumble the feta cheese.
- Gently mix all the ingredients; baby spinach leaves, couscous, eggplant, zucchini, yellow bell pepper, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, olives and feta cheese. Season with salt, pepper and some fresh lemon juice.
- Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature before serving.
- Gluten Free: use quinoa instead of couscous to make this recipe gluten free!