Apricots are those beautifully orange colored fruits full of beta-carotene and fiber that are one of the first signs of summer. Moroccan couscous with apricots is a great dish as we get closer to summertime. Light, healthy, flavorful.
The sweetness of the apricots, the saltiness of the cheese, the crunchy bite from the almonds, sharp tangy spring onions, fresh cilantro and fluffy couscous with a hint of orange and cinnamon.
Just go outdoors to your favorite place to sit and relax, take a bite of Moroccan couscous and let the flavors do a happy dance on your tongue. It’s all good!
- Couscous (1cup / 200g)
- 1 Orange (zest)
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Dried Apricots
- 3 Spring Onions
- Fresh Cilantro
- White Cheese (Feta 100g)
- Grate the orange (only the colored part not the white skin underneath, as that part has a bitter taste to it.)
- Add the couscous, orange zest and a pinch of cinnamon in a bowl or pan. Add 2 cups of boiling water. Cover; let stand until water is absorbed, about 5-10 minutes. Fluff couscous with fork. Set aside.
- Finely chop the apricots, cilantro and spring onions. Crumble or cut the white cheese into cubes.
- Mix all the ingredients together. (couscous, apricots, spring onions, cilantro, white cheese & almonds).
- If you want a gluten-free version, try substituting the Couscous with Quinoa.
A delightful little salad!
If you want a healthy nutritious dish, please try this. This salad provides you with e.g. antioxidants (such as lycopene), vitamins (A, B6, B9, C, E, K), fibers, folare, healthy fats, iron, potassium and magnesium.
Besides making your body happy and satisfied, it also pleases you! Every mouthful is bursting with flavors: A luscious sweet flavor coming from the corn and mango, the tangy sour bite of lime and tomatoes, the full flavor of beans and creamy avocado, the crunchy bite of almonds and the fresh topping of cilantro. Yum! Yum! Yum!
Using the avocado as a bowl is a fun way to serve it, and it saves you from doing dishes
Great as a lunch option or side salad, or add quinoa to turn it into a satisfying main dish.
Mexican Avocado Mango Salad
- 2 Avocado
- 1 Lime
- 1 Mango
- Kidney Beans (1cup / 6.5oz / 185g)
- Sweet Corn (1cup / 6oz / 175g)
- ±15 Cherry Tomatoes
- Fresh Cilantro (15g)
- Some slivered almonds
- Halve the avocados, remove the pit and scoop out the centers using a spoon, leaving a little bit of avocado inside so there is a nice green border. Slice the remaining avocado. Sprinkle it with some lime juice (to add flavor and prevent it from loosing it's color).
- Peel and slice the mango. Slice the cherry tomatoes in halve. Chop the cilantro.
- Mix all the ingredients (mango, avocado, corn, beans, tomatoes, cilantro and almonds) and fill your avocado bowls with it.
- Optional: serve with quinoa to turn this dish into a main course