What time is it?! It’s QUINOA time!!
Quinoa, a grain crop grown primarily for its edible seeds, has become increasingly popular. Recommended for its nutritional value and even been called, yes, a superfood. It is high in protein, calcium, fiber, magnesium and iron. And, since it is actually a seed and not a true cereal, it is gluten-free.
This quinoa recipe is packed with Indian flavors, containing ingredients such as garlic, garam masala, coconut milk and cilantro. A quick and easy Indian inspired dish that will make your belly happy!
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Quinoa (1cup / 6oz / 170g)
- Coconut Milk (1½ cup / 12 fl oz/ 360 ml)
- 3 Spring Onions
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Mango
- Cashew Nuts
- Fresh Cilantro
- Finely chop the spring onion, red bell pepper, mango and cilantro.
- Carefully rinse the quinoa (Very important, because quinoa seeds have a very bitter coating that must be soaked off before preparing).
- In a pan, heat the olive oil, crushed garlic clove and garam masala. Add the quinoa and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, in a frying pan heat oil and stir-fry the spring onion, red bell pepper and mango.
- Mix the veggies with the quinoa, and garnish with cilantro and cashew nuts.