Mushrooms add a “meaty” texture to a dish and there is a great deal you can do with them in cooking.
This recipe works well as an appetizer or yummy side dish. Quick and easy. It will only take about 25 minutes. In which you’ll also be able to solve a Sudoku puzzle, do a 15-minute work-out or drool all over the kitchen floor while watching your mushrooms get hot and juicy.
Portobello mushrooms are delicious with many types of stuffing. For this recipe I used goat cheese, honey and pine nuts. Ah goat cheese and honey… They go together like salt and pepper, like a fork and a knife, like Bonnie and Clyde, like Batman and Robin, like Bert and Ernie – All right, you get the point.
- 2 Portobello Mushrooms
- Soft Goat Cheese (100g/3.5oz)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6.
- Remove stems from Portobello mushrooms. Clean the mushrooms by gently wiping the outside of the caps with kitchen paper or brushing any dirt off with a soft brush. Place the mushrooms on a baking tray, gills facing up.
- Fill the caps with goat cheese. Sprinkle with pinenuts and drizzle with honey.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and the cheese has softened.