These pear tarts were very difficult to photograph. Primary reason: my boyfriend liked them so much, I had to photograph them very quickly because he was eating them all! But I’ve managed to get these pictures and even to save a tart for myself.
Making the tarts doesn’t require a lot of skills. So, hands up for the pastry chefs among us, but don’t worry if you aren’t one. With only five ingredients this certainly isn’t a complicated dish!
Pear, blue cheese and walnuts are always a great combination. Put them on puff pastry, add some thyme and you’ve got yourself a wonderful little treat. A yummy snack that keeps you craving for more! Serve the tarts with a nice arugula (rocket) salad for a healthy balance.
- 6 sheets of Puff Pastry
- 2 Pears
- Blue Cheese (1/3cup/ 2.6oz/ 75g)
- Some Thyme Sprigs
- Some Walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6.
- Start by making the puff pastry bowls. Cut approximately 0.4inch/1cm from the edge of each sheet. Lay these strips on top of the pastry sheet to create a border around the tarts.
- Crumble over some blue cheese on each tart.
- Quarter, core, peel and thinly slice the pears. Arrange the pear slices above the cheese on the tarts.
- Crumble over some walnuts. And sprinkle over some thyme.
- Let it set in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and crispy.