Fresh peas look so stunning vibrant and bright. This green side dish will cheer up any menu and will go with lots of main meals!
I used to think that pea puree took quit the effort to make, but this dish comes together very quickly. I love the sweet earthy flavor and the rich silky texture. Easy and elegant. High in fiber, protein, vitamins, minerals, and lutein.
- Fresh peas (200g/7oz/1,3cup)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Optional: fresh mint leaves for flavor or garnish
- Fill a pan with water, bring to the boil, then add the peas. Cook until the peas are tender and vibrant green, about 3-5 minutes. Drain.
- Put the peas and creme fraiche into a food processor, or use a stick blender, and whizz until smooth.
- Season to taste.
- Optional: Stir in mint leaves.
- Garnish: Use some mint leaves or left over peas for garnish.
- Make-ahead: The puree may be made 1 day in advance. Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 24 hours. Reheat for 6 to 8 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring frequently.