Do you have them? The occasional moments when your very busy, or you come home from work tired and you don’t feel like cooking…
Instead of drive through takeaway (which will actually make you feel worse afterwards), or a poorly nutritious microwave meal – rather opt for a quick and easy healthy snack. In this post a shortcut for dinner. A healthy recipe that you can whip up in a breeze. Superfast, easy to prepare and just delectable to eat
The perfect snack, lunch, party food or shortcut for dinner. Fruit and cheese with a twist: Mango and Goat Cheese Crostini with Balsamic Glaze. The combination of the sweet and savory go hand in hand. Happiness on a plate!
- 1 Baguette (spelt/sourdough/whole wheat)
- 1 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- Soft Goat Cheese (100g/3.5oz)
- 1 Mango
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- In a small saucepan simmer one cup balsamic vinegar and 2 tbsp honey over medium heat until reduced by half and balsamic is thick and syrupy, 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Cut the baguette into slices and toast it for 2 min in the oven or in a grill pan.
- Peel and slice the mango. Finely chop the fresh basil leaves.
- To assemble, spread the toasted bread with some goat cheese, add some diced mango, drizzle with balsamic syrup and top with sliced basil leaves.
- No mango in the house? You can also use strawberries instead!