The healthiest, best-tasting dessert. Quick and easy, only three ingredients. And the flavors mix perfectly!
Start off with a perfect ripe pineapple. Picking a perfect pineapple can be tricky. The leaves on the crown should look green, healthy and fresh. The pineapple should feel plump and firm. You can choose your pineapple based on the ease of pulling out a leaf from the top.
Fresh pineapple is an excellent source of manganese and Vitamin C, so delicious and nutritious on its own! But to turn it into a mouthwatering summer BBQ dessert, try grilling it with and serving it with some whipped coconut cream on the side. Fun for summer parties!
- 1 Pineapple, ripe
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Coconut Cream
- (Optional: brown sugar/ ice cream)
- Whip the coconut cream and set aside in little bowls.
- Cut the pineapple into 6 wedges. Make sure to slice off the hard middle core.
- Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill, or heat a gas grill or grill pan. Grill the pineapple pieces, on each side, until tender and golden (about 3-5 minutes).
- Sprinkle over some cinnamon and serve warm with whipped coconut cream on the side. Enjoy!
- If you're a real sweet tooth, sprinkle some brown sugar on top.
- Also delicious with a scoop of ice cream on the side!