This is one of my all-time favorites: Goat Cheese Salad with a Honey Mustard Dressing!
For me this is sunshine on a plate. When I have an evening all by myself I often opt for this salad. I love to curl up on the couch with a good book while enjoying this lovely light salad.
It’s healthy and bursting with big bold flavors. Goat cheese creaminess, succulent sweet fresh mango, salt-punchy sundried tomatoes, crunchy walnuts and a tangy sweet-and-sour dressing of honey, lemon, mustard and dill. YUM!
It’s also on top of my list when I have a potluck dinner party, where everyone has been told to bring a dish. It can easily be prepared in advance, accompanies many dishes, it’s a cold dish (no fuss having to keep something hot) and most importantly: it’s a crowd pleaser!
- 1 Mango
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 1 Apple
- (Lamb's) Lettuce
- Sundried Tomatoes
- Goat Cheese
- Lemon Juice
- Optional: bread or pasta
- Peel and slice the mango, cut the cucumber in slices, cut the apple into wedges (sprinkle with some lemon juice to prevent it from getting a brown color), coarsely chop the walnuts.
- Mix the lettuce, mango, cucumber, apple, walnuts, sundried tomatoes and goat cheese in a bowl.
- Make a dressing from the honey, lemon juice, mustard and dill (balance flavors to taste).
- Serve the salad with the dressing.
- Optional: add cooked pasta (cold) to the salad, or serve it with bread, to make it a main dish.