Have yourself some happy little dessert bowls with fresh fruit pudding! Dairy free, gluten free, vegan and no refined sugar added!
Just fill some bowls with fresh berries like blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, red currants and strawberries. Choose your favorites. Then top with a pudding mixture. I’ve used raspberry fruit water with agar-agar (a natural vegetable gelatin), but you can also use gelatin or jelly pudding.
If you’re a real sweet tooth you can serve the fruit puddings with a healthy sugar substitute (such as Stevia) or serve with some whipped coconut cream. Enjoy!
- Water (2 cups)
- Raspberries (10)
- Agar-agar (2 tsp powder or 2 tbsp flakes)
- Fresh berries (blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, red currants, strawberries)
- Add a handful of raspberries to 2 cups of water. Press and twist with a muddler or wooden spoon to mash the raspberries and release the juices. Set aside for a few minutes. Strain the raspberry fruit water to remove the fruit bits.
- Place the raspberry fruit water and agar-agar in a saucepan (2 teaspoons agar-agar powder or 2 tablespoons of agar-agar flakes). Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together and gently heat the mixture over medium-low heat. Keep whisking until the agar-agar has dissolved. (Simmer for 1-5 minutes for powder and 10-15 minutes for flakes). Remove from the heat and let it cool down a little bit.
- Fill the little dessert bowls with the fresh berries. Pour the mixture over the fresh fruits. Pop them in the fridge to harden up (1 hour or until set).
- If you're a real sweet tooth you can serve the fruit puddings with a sugar substitute (such as Stevia) or serve with some whipped coconut cream!