In today’s post another quick-and-easy recipe, that will make your taste buds happy! Simple bruschetta with fragrant, tasty topping.
So yummy to bite into this crunchy garlic crust, topped with fresh basil and sweet, seasonal tomatoes. Make sure your tomatoes are really sweet and ripe when making this topping.
A lovely lunch, brunch, appetizer or snack!
Bruschetta Tomato Basil
- olive oil
- 2 handfuls nice mixed ripe (cherry) tomatoes
- 1 small bunch fresh basil, leaves picked
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- The bread is best sliced thick (half-inch thick slices). Brush both sides of each slice with olive oil and crushed garlic (a pastry brush helps here). Toast the bread slices on a barbecue, or roasting pan.
- Finely chop the (cherry) tomatoes and basil leaves. Add this topping to each slice and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
A taste of Paradise
‘Ocean breeze, palm trees, fresh salty air and sun kissed hair’.
A smell or taste can instantly trigger a flood of memories. This bowl, with an abundance of fresh tropical fruits, immediately brings me on a trip down memory lane! Flashbacks of an early morning breakfast on a deserted beach on a far away holiday island destination.
Serve yourself a bowl, relax and ooze away, daydreaming about your favorite holiday…
Tropical Fruit Salad
- 1 Coconut
- 1 Mango
- Nuts/seeds (e.g. almonds, hazelnuts, chia seeds)
- Optional: yogurt
- Peel and slice the mango.
- Crack open the coconut and remove the flesh from the shells.
- Slice the strawberries in halves.
- In a bowl add the mango, strawberries, blueberries, coconut, nuts and seeds. Serve with yogurt.
Sweet taste of summer!
Watermelon is my ultimate summer fruit. Nothing beats the heat (or thirst) like biting into a slice of juicy, refreshing, sweet watermelon!
I have loving child memories of eating melon at my grandma’s. We would savor on a slice of melon and save the little pits. We washed the melon seeds in warm water, let them air dry in the sun, strung the seeds with a thin needle on a thread and so created a melon seed necklace. How fun was that!
The luscious watermelon recipe in this post is so simple, healthy and yummy. Just crumble some white (feta) cheese over slices of watermelon, add some black olives and fresh basil leaves and dive in!
Ps. Did you know that watermelon contains about 6% sugar and 91% water by weight, and is a rich source of vitamin C?
Watermelon Cheese Snack
- 1/4 Watermelon
- White Cheese (Feta or Vegan Cheese)
- A Few Black Olives
- Some Fresh Basil Leaves
- Cut the watermelon into equal slices and place them on a large scale.
- Crumble over white cheese.
- Garnish with black olives and fresh basil leaves.
- Optional: Serve this dish warm. Heat it for a few minutes in an oven, until the cheese is melted.