A taste of Paradise
‘Ocean breeze, palm trees, fresh salty air and sun kissed hair’.
A smell or taste can instantly trigger a flood of memories. This bowl, with an abundance of fresh tropical fruits, immediately brings me on a trip down memory lane! Flashbacks of an early morning breakfast on a deserted beach on a far away holiday island destination.
Serve yourself a bowl, relax and ooze away, daydreaming about your favorite holiday…
Tropical Fruit Salad
- 1 Coconut
- 1 Mango
- Nuts/seeds (e.g. almonds, hazelnuts, chia seeds)
- Optional: yogurt
- Peel and slice the mango.
- Crack open the coconut and remove the flesh from the shells.
- Slice the strawberries in halves.
- In a bowl add the mango, strawberries, blueberries, coconut, nuts and seeds. Serve with yogurt.
Have yourself a guilt-free, gluten-free pizza!
Portobello mushrooms make pretty delicious substitutes for pizza crust. Packed with the same intense flavors as the standard pizza pie but minus the calories. Just stuff the portebello caps with all of your favorite Italian pizza toppings. Make a portobello hawai pizza, a portobello caprese pizza, or whatever makes you happy
These mini mushroom pizzas are so good!
- 2 large Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce (or your favorite pasta sauce)
- 1/4 Red Onion
- Mozzarella (or vegan cheese)
- Fresh Basil
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6.
- Remove stems from Portobello mushrooms. Clean the mushrooms by gently wiping the outside of the caps with kitchen paper or brushing any dirt off with a soft brush. Lightly brush caps with olive oil. Place the mushrooms on a baking tray, gills facing up. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Take you mushrooms out of the oven, you’ll notice they’re filled with liquid. Just take a paper towel and dab each of them to remove the liquid. Top the mushrooms caps with tomato sauce, minced red onion, cheese, oregano, salt and pepper. Bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until the mushrooms have softened and the cheese is melted.
- Garnish each pizza with fresh basil and serve immediately.
This Spinach Sweet Berry Salad combines all things good!
Baby spinach tossed with freshly sliced strawberries, oranges, blueberries, avocado, green onions, creamy goat cheese and crunchy pecan nuts. Drizzle with your favorite dressing (delicious with honey-mustard or orange-black pepper vinaigrette). Serve with two slices hearty raisin nut bread.
Get an instant antioxidant boost from the two kinds of berries, plus the heart-healthy omegas in avocado and iron-laden spinach. Healthy yummy – happy tummy!
Spinach Sweet Berry Salad
- Fresh Baby Spinach (6 cups)
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Green Onions
- 1 Navel Orange
- Strawberries (1 cup)
- Blueberries (1/2 cup)
- Crumbled Creamy Goat Cheese
- Pecan nuts
- Favorite dressing (e.g. honey/mustard or orange/black pepper vinaigrette)
- Hull & quarter the strawberries.
- Chop the green onions into small rings.
- Peel and segment the navel orange.
- Halve the avocado, remove the pit, scoop out the centers using a spoon and slice the avocado. (Tip: sprinkle it with some lemon juice to prevent it from loosing it's color).
- Toss all ingredients together with your desired dressing. Serve immediately.