In today’s post another quick-and-easy recipe, that will make your taste buds happy! Simple bruschetta with fragrant, tasty topping.
So yummy to bite into this crunchy garlic crust, topped with fresh basil and sweet, seasonal tomatoes. Make sure your tomatoes are really sweet and ripe when making this topping.
A lovely lunch, brunch, appetizer or snack!
- olive oil
- 2 handfuls nice mixed ripe (cherry) tomatoes
- 1 small bunch fresh basil, leaves picked
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- The bread is best sliced thick (half-inch thick slices). Brush both sides of each slice with olive oil and crushed garlic (a pastry brush helps here). Toast the bread slices on a barbecue, or roasting pan.
- Finely chop the (cherry) tomatoes and basil leaves. Add this topping to each slice and sprinkle with salt and pepper.